A row has developed over Hillary Clinton and that she is a liar and corrupt over her use of email service and the Clinton Foundation which distributes millions in world aid. Right-wing conservative Republican’s who have an obvious political agenda started the accusations re email service. They – and others, have made accusations regarding dubious donations in the Clinton Foundation.
1. The latest in this saga is that previous US Republican Secretary of State, Colin Powell, denied Clinton’s claim that he suggested she use private email. Extreme right-wing advocate Andrew Bolt presents Powell’s denial as evidence of her being a liar. He heads his post “Who can trust a word Hillary Clinton says?” See link
2. But here is a contradictory report printed in Newsweek.com, in which a third party verifies that Powell made the remarks that Clinton claimed he did.
Author Joe Conason said: I report on a dinner party that former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright hosted for Hillary Clinton several months after she assumed that office in 2009, with Powell in attendance:
Toward the end of the evening, over dessert, Albright asked all of the former secretaries to offer one salient bit of counsel [to Clinton]…. Powell suggested that she use her own email, as he had done, except for classified communications, which he had sent and received via a State Department computer on his desk. Saying that his use of personal email had been transformative for the department, Powell thus confirmed a decision she had made months earlier.
Yet Powell has responded by insisting that he has “no recollection” of such an incident. But his principal assistant, Margaret “Peggy” Cifrino, emailed Conason to confirm that Powell made the remarks.
3. Propagandists know that if you say something enough, it becomes the truth. The point being made here is that to blindly accept information that aligns with our own personal prejudices without investigating facts is inappropriate – and dangerous when the most powerful position in the world – US President, is at stake. Too many lives in the world depend upon who wins.
4. Hilary Clinton in my opinion is a reasonably decent human being with 25 years of public service in supporting various human rights causes to her credit. To me this is evidence of her work as a disciple. An investigation of the email allegations – reading material from both sides of the argument, reveals that her so-called lies seem to be accusations and aspersions made primarily by Republican’s – but also others, without real evidence. Is Clinton perfect – no. Who is? Has she made mistakes – probably. Who has not? Does she dissemble at times – probably. Can you name one politician who tells the truth 100% of the time? Probably no, because politicians are politicians and dissembling is what they do.
5. The personal hounding of Clinton because of her use of emails is laughable. She didn’t lie about WMD and start the Iraq War, causing millions to become refugees, thousands being killed, the spawning of ISIL and terrorism today. George Bush, John Howard and Tony Blair told these lies and were responsible for this with Neo-conservative war-hawks in the US. But those who call Hillary a liar ignore this. It seems that starting wars is not as heinous as misuse of email service. This is a gross distortion of values and perception. In my opinion, the lie was started by Republicans as a strategy to destroy the Democrat nominee in order to regain power in the White House.
6. How should those on the spiritual path conduct themselves in political debate? Here is what the Master Djwhal Khul says is required of the members of the New Group of World Servers.
They say nothing and write no word which could feed the fires of hatred, or tend to separate man from man, or nation from nation. [They] will work for good will, for the breaking down of barriers, and for world peace. They will avoid all attack of existing regimes and personalities.. They will endeavour to speak no word and do no act which can separate and breed dislike. Esoteric psychology II p643
7. Master DK does not say that evil should not be exposed and those responsible should not be named. In his various books written under the name of Alice Bailey, he does just this. But we all have a responsibility to investigate accusations and be fair and balanced in our assessments. Analysing the authors of these accusations and trying to ascertain their political motives is part of this responsibility. Very often, the accusers have made outrageous statements about other decent human beings (Obama being a popular target) and their words and thoughts are full of hatred, are separative and breed dislike. See them for what they are.